Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 2 - Today's Campaign


Saturday June 17. Cloudy

What was the result of today’s campaign?
I just did my best, as I always strive to.

Any regrets about today’s campaign?
Yes, in one sense. No, in another.

Nothing to be ashamed of in today’s campaign?
I am certain mine was not a coward’s battle.

Are you prepared for tomorrow’s advance?
I am prepared. On a thousand-mile journey, we must
forge on, or we will not reach our destination.

Have you the confidence for tomorrow’s ascent?
I have the confidence. Without climbing the mountain,
we cannot gaze out from the peak.

Have you conviction for tomorrow’s efforts?
Yes, that I do. Nothing is completed without day-by-day effort.

Are you faithful to life’s purpose?
I do my utmost. I can do no more.

You have not forgotten life’s ultimate mission?
I have not forgotten. Should I forget that, what else would remain?

Excerpt from Youthful Diary, pgs. 34-35

No comments: