Friday, December 14, 2007

Day 19 - Outshining Stars

"Navoi also declared: "No matter how a tiny spark may gleam and crackle, it cannot outshine the stars above. The banner of a person of lofty ideals flies high in the sky."

"You, our young successors, who will create the new centruy, are incredibly precious. Mr. Toda fostered me with loving care and attention, so that I might carry on the work of kosen-rufu."

"Once in the past, when circumstances turned against me, many top leaders at the time deserted me. Some even conspired with tabloid jounalists to have negative articles written about the Gakkai, intentially seeking to discredit me. It was just as Mr. Toda had warned - "Our enemies are with our ranks." But no matter how they tried to cover their tracks, from the perspective of Buddhism all was clear. At that time I was solely concerned with winning and being able to report my victory to my mentor. And as Mr. Toda's disciple, I triumphed over every obstacle."

(President Ikeda, 1st Nationwide Youth Division Leaders Meeting)

No comments: