Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day 14 - Pray Until the End

Pray With Absolute Determination (p.139)
When my second son (Shirohisa) was very young, he caught a terrible cold. At that time, my husband asked me how I was praying. I replied that I was praying so that his cold will become less serious. My husband replied and said, “You should pray that they will never catch cold.” He thus taught me the attitude in praying. There is absolutely no waste in my husband’s daimoku. If I should say, “I am hoping to win,” he would say, “just hoping is not enough. You must absolutely win.” It is to this extent that he is strict about faith. I have also continued to pray so that my children will never be involved in any accident.

Pray Until the End (p.186)
President Ikeda says that he has always been supported by his wife --- I am neither strong nor wise but I have continued to pray with him firmly convinced in the power of faith and good fortune, which he always teaches me about. When we fervently and thoroughly pray until the end, we can always blaze a path.

Excerpts from the Book - “On Kaneko” (Kaneko-sho) - (Tentative translation)

No comments: